This avocado cucumber salad is my friend Dixie’s signature salad. She makes this when company comes over for a BBQ or large potlucks such as MotoFit Group events.
It’s the first salad to disappear, and it still leaves us wanting more!
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
- 1 Large English Cucumber seed and sliced
- 2 Large Avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion chopped
- 5 Springs Fresh Dill chopped
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice about one medium lime
- 1/2-1 tsp Redmond's Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic
- In a medium salad bowl, combine sliced cucumbers, avocado, chopped red onion, and fresh dill.
- Drizzle with lime juice, season with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic to taste. Toss salad to coat with lime and serve.
- If making the salad a few hours ahead, combine all ingredients into a bowl (except the salt!). Squeeze lime juice directly over avocados and toss gently to combine. Add the pits of avocado, then cover tightly with plastic wrap to keep the salad airtight. Oxygen is what causes avocados to brown. Add salt just before serving to keep the cucumbers from wilting and becoming overly juicy.