|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 2 medium Butternut Squash peeled and cubed into 2 inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary Fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Porcini Mushrooms chopped, (use can use any mushroom)
- Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a 6-quart stockpot, sauté onion, celery, and carrots in olive oil until brown.
- Add chicken broth, butternut squash, mushrooms, and cook for about an hour until the squash is soft enough mash with a potato masher.
- Add additional water to get the consistency that you like and let simmer another 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Note: Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. This soup freezes well.